Best Cobbler You’ve Ever Had
Author: Rachel Schultz
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 29 ounces canned (or fresh!) peaches
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Mix ingredients with fork until crumbly. Separate ½ cup of crumble for topping.
- Spray a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray. Using a spoon or your fingers, press remaining crumble into base of dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. While crust bakes, slice peaches into small, 1 inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla until creamy. Layer peaches on top of baked crust. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of peaches.
- Top with reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 30 additional minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream. I didn’t even mention how versatile this dish is. Try with other fruits – perhaps blackberries, lemon pie filling, or something crazy like pineapple.